MCC COVID-19 UPDATE - Updated 5/10/2021
The MCC Board of Directors met recently and made the following decisions - key points are highlighted below:
1. We hope begin club rides around May 3rd with the following ride schedule:
- Monday 6:00PM @ LA Airport
- Wednesday 6:00PM @ Geiger School
- Friday 9:00AM @ LA Airport
- Saturday 7:00AM A/B Ride @ Busytown Bikes
- Saturday 8:00AM B/C Ride @ Rainbow Bicycles
- Saturday Women's Ride to be coordinated via Facebook.
2. Early Bird Registration will stay open until May 1st. Sign up now to take advantage of the EBD! Sorry, the EBD has expired, visit our Join Today page to easily sign up for the MCC!
3. We are all excited to once again get out on our bikes as a group. Please help us to do this safely by following the guidelines we have described below:
- Rides will be broken down into groups of approximately 10. Whenever a group is ready to ride, we will ask them to set out. We will space the rides out by approximately 5 minutes in between. There will be a sweeper assigned to each day’s ride to ensure that everyone finishes safely.
- Riders should carry a mask and use it when preparing their bike to ride and for any after-ride socializing. Masks are not required during the ride but should be carried in case we need to congregate to help change a flat or repair a mechanical problem. We encourage riders to carry a small bottle of hand sanitizer as well.
- We remind all riders NOT to congregate at intersections or when the ride regroups as we want to avoid situations where observers might take offense with our activity.
With the change in the calendar from 2020 to 2021 and the sight of spring on the horizon (and maybe some relief from COVID restriction, fingers crossed), the Maine Cycling Club group changes are beginning to take shape and some exciting announcements for you.
Stay tuned for more information...
MCC Facebook Updates: